Hey guys! Today I felt like doing something a little more extreme and colorful. I used the Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette ($49) for most of the colors on the eyelid. These shades are crazy bright and in your face, so they may seem like a little much for the price. HOWEVER! I swear to you these colors are way more wearable than they look. Because they are pigments and not eyeshadows, the colors are bright on their own without having to add any kind of base. They blend amazingly well and are very buttery in texture. There’s a wide variety of colors to come up with as many looks as you want. If you’re looking for something to give you that wow factor, this is definitely the palette for you!
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion $20
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cucumber and Baby Blue $4.50
Urban Decay Electric Palette shades Gonzo, Chaos, Thrash, Freak, and Thrash $49
Loreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara $7.99
Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Taupe $28
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 125 Nude Beige $7.99
Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder in Light $34
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in 210 Fair $9.99
Benefit Hoola Bronzer $28
Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in 330 Toffee $7.99
Maybelline Face Studio Master Hi-Lght Blush in Nude $9.99
NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Circe $4.00
Maybelline ColorSensational Color Elixir Lip Gloss in Mandarin Rapture $8.99
If you want this look, this is how you’ll get it!
1) Place a neutral light brown throughout the crease to act as a transition shade. This will ensure that the eyeshadows blend easily all the way through
2) Take a creamy pencil like NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil and dab it across the eyelid. I used Baby Blue in the outer portion of the eye and Cucumber on the inner 2/3. Blend these gently with your finger to give a soft look.
3) Finally get into the Electric Palette! Take Freak, a shimmery green and place it directly over the green cream pencil. Blend Next, take Chaos, a bright royal blue, and put it over the baby blue shade. You want to use a little of this at first then build up the intensity. I put this on the outer “v” of my eye and blended it through the crease. Since these eyeshadows are so great it takes almost no time to blend them out.
4) After you’ve gotten rid of all the harsh lines, grab Thrash and pop it in the inner corner of the eye.
5) Last for the eyelid, you’ll want to mix some of Gonzo and Chaos together to deepen up the outer corner. If you’d like to keep it more toned down, you can skip this step. Again, blend everything out so it gets nice and smokey.
6) If you want to add drama to the lower lash line, just take a small brush with any of the colors previously used and place it right below the lashes. I used Thrash, but it would also look gorgeous with Chaos.
After you throw on some mascara, you’re done! If anyone wants a more in depth tutorial of this look, just let me know and I can show you step by step! Hope you enjoy this look, just a little something different!
Stay sassy : ) Xoxo