How excited are you that fall is almost here?!? I cannot get enough — the sweaters, colder weather, the fall colors — it’s all so incredibly gorgeous. Just like fall is my favorite season, fall – inspired makeup is my all-time favorite of life! The warm neutral shades with deeper tones of browns and reds are just fabulous. To start off my Fall Series, I did this look based off of a picture a friend sent to me. The eyes are more cool toned grays with a hint of pink and a dark cranberry lip. Let me tell you… this lip color is definitely something I’d consider dying for.
- Okay ladies, as always the most important part of starting face makeup is using a primer! I’ve decided the Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer is my favorite. It’s so smooth and really makes a huge difference in the application and longevity of your makeup.
- To get a flawless foundation, I used my Chanel Perfection Lumiere in shade 40 Beige. For this look I wanted something that was very matte because the eyes and lips are already so dramatic.
- Under my eyes I used MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20. To keep it all in place, I used Bared Minerals Well-Rested powder, and as always I set my whole face with a loose powder.
- For a little bit of a contour, I went in with Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer and dusted that just under my cheekbones.
- Starting with the eyes, I grabbed Maybelline Color Tattoo in 35 Tough as Taupe. This is going to act as the base for our eyeshadow and give the eyelid a little more depth. By no means does this have to look pretty or even blended out yet, so don’t worry if you look a little weird.
- Next, taking a fluffy brush and any cool grey/brown color, blend out the edges of the base. (I used NYX eyeshadow in Bare my Soul) I took the color up pretty far, you want to make sure you’re able to see it when you’re looking straight forward.
- Picking up two deeper toned grays, one matte and one shimmer, I mixed the two together and repeated the same blending process. You want to lightly go over the lid but try to keep it lighter than the crease. I used Lorac shadows Cool Gray and Chrome for this step
- For the last shadow, I used a soft pink toward the tear duct area. This just lightens up the eye and brings a tiny bit of color so the whole eye isn’t too boring.
- To thicken the lash line the tiniest bit, add a THIN line of black eyeliner. This will make the lashes look fuller and hide the band of the false lashes if you choose to add them.
- SERIOUSLY OBSESSED with adding fake eyelashes to my looks now. It’s like a whole new world has opened up and I’ve been gifted with bigger, sexier eyes. Might be a little dramatic, but hey, don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it okay? I just cut up some Eyelure Naturalites and put them towards the outer part of my eye.
- You could totally stop here and have a gorgeous eye look, but we’re gonna get a little crazy from here on out. Take any black eyeliner and put it in your waterline and right below your lashes. Then with either one of the grey shades you used on the eye, smoke out the bottom lash line as far as you’d like. (It’s not pictured, but make sure you put mascara on your bottom lashes! Without it, they will get completely lost in the eyeshadow as they are in the picture on the right.)
- Now for the lips! With a dark red lipliner, like NYX liner in Dark Red, outline your lips and fill them in just a little bit.
- For this illusion to work, you want to make sure your lip liner is a shade or two darker than the actual lipstick. If you’ve filled in a little of your lips as above, you shouldn’t have any problems with the gradation from dark to light(er). I used NYX lipstick in Chaos which is a gorgeous deep cranberry color.
- If you want an even more dramatic look, you can add any deep burgundy or even black eyeshadow color towards the outer corners. If you do this you really need to blend and go over with the dark red color. The subtle transition from red to the other color will not look good if you do not constantly work on creating a seamless transition.
Here’s the completed look! I hope you guys love it just half as much as I do! Remember, you can always customize the look to fit your style! If you don’t want this dramatic of an eye, skip the shadow on the lower lash line! And if you’d rather have a lighter lip, a light pink would look gorgeous and bring out the pop of pink in the eyes!
I also created an Instagram specifically for my makeup, so if you’d like to follow it the name is alexisdecarufel_makeup 🙂 Thanks so much for reading, let me know what you think!