The other day I got the chance to do my gorgeous friend Nicole’s makeup. I’m waaaaaay more confident in my ability to do my own makeup so I was naturally a bit nervous. However, I was pretty obsessed with the way it all turned out. It’s no surprise I grabbed the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette… I really can’t put this thing down. The colors are so warm and easy to blend that it is literally impossible for me to stay away.
As you can see Nicole has pretty darn flawless skin and RIDICULOUS eyes/cheekbones. For someone like me, it’s so exciting being able to play up someone’s features so naturally I was over the moon to enhance her already beautiful face. The eye technique I used (darker matte colors in the outer/inner corner and shimmer in the center) gives the eye dimension and makes them appear bigger/more awake. This is a great tool to use if you want to play up your eyes for any occasion with almost no effort.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Moonstone’
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation
- Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifyng Powder
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in ‘Incandescent Electra’
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
- Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Opal’
- MAC Paint Pot in ‘Soft Ochre’
- Lorac eyeshadow in ‘Cream’ – all over eyelid to set paint pot
- Chocolate Bar Eyeshadows
- ‘Milk Chocolate’ – all throughout crease from inner to outer corner
- ‘Semi-Sweet’ – pack on in inner and outer corner and connect through crease
- ‘Milk Chocolate’ – blended on top of everything to reduce harsh lines
- ‘Creme Brûlée’ – on the center of the eyelid, blended into ‘Semi-Sweet’
- Lorac Pro Palette Eyeshadows
- ‘Sable’ – used to deepen up crease
- ‘Espresso’ – applied to very outer corner to add dimension
- NYX ‘The Curve’ eyeliner
- Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in ‘Taupe’
I hope you all love this as much as I do! It’s such an easy look to achieve and instantly makes any eye look more dimensional. Don’t be afraid of dark shadows in the inner corner – they can work! Please let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see more of! I’m thinking of starting up my YouTube channel again so let me know if you’d be interested in that!
Also, please don’t forget to follow me on instagram at alexisdecarufel_makeup! I tend to post more on there than anything. Thank you all for your continued support! xoxo